This roundtable event took place on 12 February 2019 at the Royal Society of the Arts in London, UK. It was chaired and coordinated by Prof Dimitrios Giannoulopoulos, (Head of Law, Goldsmiths University of London and Director, Britain in Europe thinktank) and Dr Michaela Benson (Reader in Sociology, Goldsmiths University of London and Director, Brexit Brits Abroad project).
The event brought together academic experts from a range of disciplines, NGO experts, legal professionals and members of advocacy groups and civil rights organisations which have taken an active part in the debate on citizens’ rights after Brexit. Speakers included;
- Prof Brad Blitz, Director, British Academy Programme, Tackling Slavery, Human Trafficking and Child Labour in Modern Business; Professor of International Politics, Middlesex University
- Prof Tamara Hervey, Jean Monnet Professor of European Union Law at University of Sheffield
- Tamara Flanagan OBE, Head of projects, New Europeans
- Dr Marie Godin, Research Fellow, EU Families and “Eurochildren” in Brexiting Britain (University of Birmingham)
- Prof Charlotte O’Brien (University of York); Director, EU Rights Project
- Dr Adrienne Yong (City University)
You can read more about the event here.